Once a month we will share recipes for healthy options that are easy to make. As we personally eat and coach on Paleo, Keto, Vegan and Vegetarian meals, we will cover all these areas. This month is Paleo friendly!
This is one of our favourites at RHHP for a colder day:
Equipment: Slow cooker
Preparation time: 7 minutes
Cooking time 4-6 hours (depending on cooker)
- 2 tablespoons of high-quality sugar free barbecue sauce
- 1.5kg of organic grass fed bone-in beef Short ribs
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 200g of organic tomato soup
- Half a cup of balsamic vinegar
- 4 dried dates
- Six cloves of garlic (smashed)
- Rub the barbecue sauce into the Short ribs
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet pan over medium to high heat and sear the short ribs for 1 to 2 minutes per side until they are slightly brown.
- Place the short ribs, tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, dates and garlic into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the meat is tender enough to fall apart with a fork.
- Shed the meat off the bones and serve with steamed carrots.