Vitamin D is associated with…
- Strong bones
- Healthy teeth
- Can protect against diabetes
- Improving cardiovascular health
- Potentially reducing the risk of cancer
The magical vitamin that helps ‘prime T cells’ is one where fewer and fewer people are getting enough of it.
The reasons stem from the media scaring people away from sun exposure to simply not spending enough time outside. Especially in a pandemic.
Some tips to get enough vitamin D:
- Make it a point to go outside every day and expose as much of your skin to the sunlight as you can for at least 10 minutes a day (Variable as the picture shows above)
- Do not use sun screen for this exposure because it can diminish Vitamin D synthesis by up to 97%!
- Getting sunlight through a window does not count. UVB does not penetrate glass and therefore the benefits disappear
Something I enjoy is having at least 20 minutes of admin work outdoors enjoying the sun spectrum on a busy day.