I was asked to write a short piece on 2021 fitness trends for London Mums recently
My initial instinct was to avoid the usual and endless fad diet options, new ‘jumping around’ calorie blaster workout and expensive fat burning supplements.
I’ve been in this industry for many years and worked with 100’s of people intensely on a one to one basis and many more in groups as well as in corporate health… and can tell you, 99% of all that simply won’t work long term.
We all know this deep down because a huge percentage of us fail, yes fail with our wellness goals every single year.
It’s impossible unless the foundations are laid out first.
Check the article above to read more about that.
If you want to start to make serious long term changes this year, regardless of Covid and without excuses… Start here:
- Spend some time delving deep into what exactly you want to achieve. It doesn’t need to be some huge goal that overwhelms you, choose something that you know you can do.
- Start with small changes in lifestyle, so small in fact that you find it easy, too easy! Then it’s impossible to fail.
- Know why you are making the effort for change. This is your motivation.
- Schedule, schedule, schedule! If it’s not in your schedule and you haven’t made time, it’s not real.
- Hire a great coach to guide you… over 90% of people that achieve their health and fitness goals hire a coach or personal trainer.
Now more important than all of this, know that this is to be at your best for the rest of your life and that’s powerful.
I’m going to leave you with a quote to ponder by Lao Tzu:
“Knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is true wisdom, mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power.”
If you’re serious about making changes and want professional support along the way via one to one coaching or by virtual RHHP membership (currently a waiting list), just let us know 🏹