Hello to all of you food lovers out there!
I have a very well-known passion for tasty food made with healthy and great quality ingredients so watch this space for delicious guilt-free meals!
Who says that a tasty pizza must contain gluten? Here’s a great alternative: cauliflower pizza 🙂
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
Total time 45 minutes
1 medium head raw cauliflower
1 large free-range organic egg
75g unpasteurized organic cheese
2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon garlic granules or powder
sea salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper to taste
150g cherry tomatoes
2 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and minced
1/4 teaspoon red chilli flakes
fresh oregano or basil, to garnish
desired amounts of tomato sauce and extra cheese for topping
- Line a pizza stone or tray (or just an ordinary baking tray) with greaseproof paper. Pre-heat the oven to 210C/Gas mark 7.
- Process it in a food processor; you are looking to achieve fine crumbs, but do not purée it
- Steam or boil the cauliflower and squeeze the excess water out of it afterwards if cooked with water.
- Place the cauliflower crumbs in to an large mixing bowl and add the egg, cheese, parmesan cheese, herbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well, you should have a malleable dough.
- Place the cauliflower “dough” onto the prepared tray shape and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and firm.
- Place the sliced tomatoes on top, sprinkle the chilli flakes over, scatter over the minced garlic and onion rings, season to taste with salt and pepper, and then arrange the sliced cheese over the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the topping is bubbling and the cheese has melted. Scatter fresh oregano or basil leaves over.