For all of us with a sweet tooth this is a fantastic recipe to satisfy even the more demanding palate, a coconut flour lemon cake!
Made with all natural ingredients you will be sure to savour a guilt-free lemony treat!!
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted – plus extra for greasing tin
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 3 lemons (1/2 cup)
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp baking soda
good pinch of salt
Honey Lemon Icing:
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp honey
juice or zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp desiccated coconut, plus extra for dusting
- Mix the chia seeds into the lemon juice to allow the seeds to swell, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 160°C and grease a 23cm (9″) cake tin with coconut oil and line with baking paper.
- Place the eggs, coconut oil, honey, coconut flour and desiccated coconut into a food processor and blend until combined. Let this mixture stand for around five minutes allowing the coconut flour to adsorb the moisture.
- Add the lemon juice and chia seed mixture along with the lemon zest, baking soda and salt, blend until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour into prepared cake tin and bake for between 50 – 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted. Allow to cool completely before icing.
- Combine all icing ingredients and heat gently whilst stirring. Once the mixture is well combined take off heat and drizzle over cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with the extra coconut and serve with coconut yoghurt and ENJOY!