Winter is coming and we all love being comforted by our favourite foods!
So what’s better than a super quick and super healthy coconut curry to warm our hearts and bellies?
This tasty dish is loaded with veggies swimming in perfectly spiced coconut milk, what more could you want?
1 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
1 small onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger (or 1 tsp ground)
1/2 cup broccoli florets (or green bell pepper), diced
1/2 cup diced carrots
1/4 cup diced tomato
1/3 cup snow peas (loosely cut)
1 Tbsp curry powder
pinch cayenne or 1 dried red chili, diced (optional for heat)
2 cans light coconut milk (sub full fat for richer texture)
Sea salt and black pepper
- Heat a large saucepan or pot to medium heat and add 1 Tbsp coconut oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, broccoli and a pinch each salt and pepper and stir. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, cayenne (or chili pepper), coconut milk, another healthy pinch of salt and stir.
- Bring to a simmer then reduce heat slightly and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the snow peas and tomatoes in the last 5 minutes so they don’t overcook.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. I added another pinch or two of salt.
Serve over some freshly cooked quinoa or millet and ENJOY!